Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Blabidiboo Story 10

Stories by Eikou, Kiana, and Roni

Chapter Ten


Adeline

Bumbums felt very sad because of my mom’s terrible words. She climbed up a tree, escaping the trouble she was about to experience from grandma. Bumbums was able to tell my grandma what happened, and she immediately went outside to see my mom on top of a tree. She shouted and screamed, making the whole world shake. My grandpa was asleep at that time, but he didn’t wake up with grandma’s screams. Instead, he woke up with the alarm clock ringing right beside him.

On the tree that my mom climbed on, was a turtle. The turtle tried to tug on my mom’s soft, pink dress, so she turned her head to its direction. “Ukli, I need your help.” It suddenly spoke. My mom screamed in surprise. “I was transformed into a turtle by your friend, Tux.” It continued. My mom calmed down and went closer to the creature. “Just so you know; Tux isn’t my friend.” She squinted her eyes. “Well, I want to be changed back to human.” The turtle asked for a favour. “I’d like to help, but you have to give me something in return as well.” My mom answered. “I could make your perfect sister go to military school for six months.” It offered. “That’s good!” My mom gladly agreed to his offer. She turned the turtle into his human form with a snap of a finger.

“So, what’s your name, kid?” She asked. “I’m Jake, the orphan.” He replied. My mom felt bad for Jake being an orphan, so she invited him to stay with my family.  “Jake, I’m excited for you to meet my daughter, Adeline.” She said, while walking to the house. Jake was excited too. He liked my name, since it was unique and nice. When the two of them got home, my mom called for me to come downstairs. “Adeline, come down here! We have a guest!” She said. “I’m coming!” I went down the stairs. Jake heard my wonderful voice. “This is Jake, and he’ll be staying with us for a while.” My mom said once I came down.  I nodded my head in response. Jake greeted me by waving his hand. I did the same. “Mom, I have to finish making my presentation for social studies.” I shyly said. “Sure.” My mom replied. I ran back to my room to finish the presentation. I blushed madly right after. Ever since then, I had a crush.

Jake and I went to school together on the next day. Jake became my classmate, after being enrolled. Social studies was our first subject, and I was very ready. I put my presentation on the screen and took the stage away. I was at first very scared and shy. My voice was trembled as it was so soft that not even Miss Vibal could hear it. “Good morning… Classmates…” I started. “To-today, I’m going to teach you all a-about J-Japan…” As I continued teaching, I grew more and more confident. My voice was no longer trembling, and it was no longer soft. It could be heard until the back of the classroom. At the end of the lesson, I gave all my classmates a Japanese treat. Jake didn’t listen to my teachings at all. All he did was stare at my eyes. He loved me.

Being a student in my school for several months, Jake started to become more proud of himself. He thought of me like a loser in school who didn’t have a place in the world. In fact, he didn’t only think of me like that, but he also treated me like that. He started to bully me. I didn’t like the new Jake. I liked the old one, the nice one. I hoped he would change back, but he never did. Jake met Crystal, and had a crush on her instead of me. He would treat her like a queen, but he would treat me like trash.

Tux, on the other hand, has been dating Websy non-stop until my mom figured out. She got really mad at Websy, saying that Tux is a villain, and that she couldn’t date him. Tux really loved Websy, and if changing his ways would allow him to do so, he’s willing to. “Ukli, I’m really sorry for what I’ve done to you.” Tux asked for forgiveness. Ukli was a kind person, so she forgave him, and Tux became part of the petling family. Tux was finally allowed to date Websy, and soon, they got married.

At Grandma’s house, grandpa was looking at his young photos when he came across a beautiful picture of himself. He tried to look like it, so he combed his hair to reduce its gravity, and changed his clothes, and then put on his middle school ID. Studying to become smart made the final changes. He had transformed into his younger self.

One day, grandpa entered an intelligence competition. He had to take a test to see who among all the competitors was the smartest. Because of his transformation, he was sure he would win.

It was the day of the intelligence competition, but grandpa turned back into his old self before the test even started. Winging it was his only choice left. When the quiz asked him what his name was, he didn’t know what to put. He told himself that if he puts his mom’s last name, his dad would get mad. If he puts his dad’s last name, his mom would get mad. He had no idea what to put, so he just left it blank. The quiz was filled with lots of simple problems in mathematics, science, and English. It wasn’t so easy for my grandpa. He ended up passing a paper full of guesses and wrong answers. He couldn’t wait to see his score anyway.


Grandpa ate a doughnut while waiting for his intelligence test results. After eating the doughnut, he drank some orange juice. “Choco-Orange tastes terrible!” He spit the juice out in the garbage can.

What is Mr.Blabidiboo's score?
Find out in Chapter Eleven!

To Be Continued...

© Blabidiboo Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment